Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cooker: Grill Pan & Small Food Processor
Skill Level: Easy
Salsa Verde Lamb Burger
2 tablespoons peanut oil
400 g (14 oz) cooked, pulled lamb rib meat
2 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise
2 crusty bread rolls
8 baby spinach leaves
50 g (13⁄4 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped coriander (cilantro)
1/2 cup chopped basil
1/2 cup chopped mint
2 garlic cloves, chopped
185 ml (6 fl oz) olive oil
2 anchovy fillets
juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon agave sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
• To make the salsa verde, add the coriander, mint, basil and garlic to a small food processor with the olive oil and anchovy and blend until combined and runny.
• Whilst still processing, add the lime juice, agave sugar and salt and pepper until combined. Remove from the processor and set aside.
• Heat the peanut oil in a grill pan over medium heat and add the pulled lamb rib meat. Heat through until serving temperature.
• Ensure the lamb is still moist and not dry or crunchy.
• Add 1 tablespoon Japanese mayonnaise on the base of a bread roll and top with the lamb rib meat. Gently pour the salsa verde over the lamb, to taste. Top with the baby spinach leaves and feta cheese.
Tip: Replace the feta cheese with goat’s cheese for extra flavour. Replace the lamb rib meat with beef rib meat, if desired.